Monday, October 27, 2014
How To Upgrade Mysql/phpMyAdmin in MAMP?
Follow these simple steps to upgrade phpMyAdmin or Mysql in MAMP. The latest version was phpMyAdmin 188.8.131.52 (at the time of writing).
1. Download the latest version from http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
2. Unpack the archive you just downloaded, the resulting folder should be called somewhat like "phpMyAdmin-x.y-all-languages"
3. Rename "/Applications/MAMP/bin/phpMyAdmin" to "/Applications/MAMP/bin/phpMyAdmin-OLD"
4. Copy "phpMyAdmin-x.y-all-languages" to "/Applications/MAMP/bin/"
5. Rename "/Applications/MAMP/bin/phpMyAdmin-x.y-all-languages" to "/Applications/MAMP/bin/phpMyAdmin"
6. Restart the MAMP and upgrading task is completed. You have successfully upgraded to latest phpMyAdmin or Mysql 184.108.40.206 version.
What is phpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL, MariaDB and Drizzle. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.